Mondu was founded in August 2021, exited stealth mode and announced a $14 million seed funding in October, launched in April 2022, and reached 100 team members in May. We’ve grown at lightning speed, and the question on everyone’s mind is: how?
The answer is simpler than you might think. From the very beginning, Mondu’s People Team has been committed to offering the very best candidate and employee experience possible. For us, it’s not just about hiring. Our mission is to ensure that every candidate we meet – and every “Monduneer” we’re lucky enough to have on board – fulfills their potential and is supported to expand their knowledge day-in and day-out.
Transforming the B2B payments industry
After 10 years of heavy lifting in Brazil building Dafiti Group, the biggest e-commerce business in South America, co-founders Malte Huffmann and Philipp Povel took the company public before returning back to Germany to start a new venture. They teamed up with CTO Gil Danziger, who boasted extensive experience building successful teams and products, namely at Applift, which was acquired by Media and Games Invest in 2019.
Their goal is to simplify the financial lives of small and medium-sized businesses, and Mondu’s Buy Now, Pay Later solution for B2B e-commerce is already helping make that vision a reality. But it couldn’t happen without the support of a top-class team behind them.
People, principles, and a positive culture
We’ve hired Monduneers from every corner of the globe, helping them settle in Berlin and making sure they have the tools to fulfill their potential. We strongly believe that working in a diverse team is what makes us stronger – our mixture of perspectives gives us an opportunity to constantly learn from each other.
We also foster a positive culture at Mondu by encouraging continuous learning and inspiring personal development from the start. In order to achieve this, we established a core set of 10 guiding principles for all Monduneers – our way of life:
- Build the best teams – We raise our expectations with every hire and promotion, developing and coaching our teams through continuous feedback.
- Live the highest standards – We believe in setting ambitious goals, continually raising the bar to push our teams to take bold action.
- Be an owner and deliver results – We’re the protagonists of our own story – it’s up to each of us to solve problems wherever we find them, regardless of title, tenure, or responsibility.
- Value openness and transparency – We communicate openly and often, providing context and shared understanding among Monduneers that drives better decisions.
- Iterate and learn – We’re open-minded, humble, and externally aware, making small improvements on a daily basis to help us achieve our long-term goals.
- Deliver WOW – We go beyond what our clients expect from us, while also striving to surpass our own expectations.
- Have a bias for action – We value calculated risk-taking. After all, speed matters in business.
- Disagree and commit – We encourage Monduneers to challenge decisions respectfully, because disagreement is essential to discovering our truth.
- Do good – We’re conscious of the impact our actions have and want to actively contribute to a better world by doing what’s right.
- Think big and never settle – We never settle for what we’ve achieved – we always stay humble, knowing that there’s always room to grow.
These core principles are meant to help push every Monduneer to be the best version of themselves, not just professionally but personally, too.
Think you’re a good fit? Apply to become a Monduneer!
We are rapidly becoming a scale-up, and have opened doors for talented and highly-skilled professionals to join our team. If our principles resonate with you, head to our jobs page and our team will get back to you ASAP! We build our teams sustainably, so not all planned roles are online yet. If you have a skill set that you think we need, reach out to our Talent Acquisition Team and we’ll discuss the process and our future plans in more detail!